Checking Accounts

Q: I received a check in the mail that I was not expecting. How do I know if it is a good check?
A: Fraudulent checks can cause serious problems. Scammers use them to obtain sensitive information and steal money. They may ask you to deposit the check and send a portion of the funds back to them. If you receive a check from an unknown source, do not cash or deposit it. Contact local authorities if you feel threatened or know it is a fraud. Remember, if the check is fake and you spend the money, you will be held responsible for paying the bank back.

Q: I mailed a check that wasn’t received. Can I stop that check?
A: Yes, a lost check can be stopped by contacting any Flanagan State Bank branch either by phone or in person. You will need to provide the following information: the check number, date written, amount of the check, who the check is payable to, who signed the check, and the check number if there will be a replacement check. A Stop Payment by phone only is in effect for 14 days. A signed Stop Payment form is in effect for 6 months. The fee for a Stop Payment is $24.00.

Q: How do I apply for a credit card?
A: Click HERE or visit any of our locations!

Q: When are the credit card payments due?
A: The 25th of each month.

Q: How do I enroll in the rewards program?
A: You can visit to register via the “New to uChoose Rewards” link. Follow the prompts to create your own User ID and password.  OR the  uChoose  Reward  link  can  also  be  found  on  FSB’s  website on the Credit Card page. You can view that page by clicking HERE.

Q: I just opened my card last month. When can I start redeeming my points?
A: You can start redeeming your points once you have accumulated a minimum of 1,500 points. Please note that it may take up to 60 days for points to be credited to your account. Once you have met the minimum threshold, you can redeem your points for merchandise, travel experiences, event tickets, gift cards, and even cash back – whatever suits your preferences in uChoose! To check how many points you have available for redemption, simply look for the “Total Points Available for Redemption” on the Point Details page.

Q: If customers have joint ownership of a credit card account, will they have the same card numbers or different card numbers?
A: Unlike the debit cards we provide for our checking accounts when customers have joint ownership of a credit card account, their cards will have the SAME imprinted numbers.

Q: Can auto-payments be set up from internal FSB accounts to make monthly credit card payments?
A: Yes, automatic payments can be set up by the customer through the credit card online management system portal.

Q: Will I receive a monthly statement if my account is at a $0.00 balance?
A: Yes, a statement will be still issued even if a card has a $0.00 balance in any given month.

Q: Is my credit card monitored for fraud?
A: Yes, our credit cards are monitored by fraud services. Customers will receive a phone call, if fraud is suspected on their account.

Q: What should I do if I notice an unauthorized or suspicious transaction on my card?
A: If you notice an unauthorized or suspicious transaction on your card, there are several actions you can take. Visit your local Flanagan State Bank branch, and a retail banker can print out a transaction history for you to inspect. You can also file a claim online by going to the “Help Center” on the card management portal and clicking “Dispute a Transaction.” Alternatively, you can call Credit Card Customer Service at 1-855-445-1036 and select “Option 2” to speak with a representative about the transaction(s) in question.

Q: I lost my card, but I think it may only be temporary. I would like time to find it, but I want to make sure no charges are made without my knowledge. How do I protect my account?
A: You can download our “Card Valet” wallet app on your app store, which allows you to turn off your card if it is lost or stolen, or if you won’t be using it for a certain period of time.

Q: I lost my card/my card’s been stolen. What should I do to prevent fraud? How can I order a new card?
A: To prevent fraud in case of a lost or stolen card, you can take advantage of our “Card Valet” app, which lets you turn off your card or set usage limits. If you need to report a lost or stolen card, simply call 1-855-445-1036 and select “Option 1”. To request a new card, you can email or speak to one of our retail bankers who will be happy to assist you.

Q: Who do I call if I have questions about my card outside of your regular bank branch hours?
A: The 24/7, round-the-clock phone number for Credit Card Customer Service is 1-855-445-1036.

Q: Will I be able to see my new credit card listed with my other accounts in Flanagan State Bank’s online banking?
A: Yes, your card will be shown with your other FSB accounts in online banking when it is accessed through a browser. Mobile app viewing is not currently enabled. When  you  click  on  your credit card account  number, you will be asked to answer security questions and will then be redirected to the FSB  Credit  Card  Portal,

Q: I will be travelling internationally outside of the United States. Can I use my card while I travel? Is there an exchange fee for using my card outside of the U.S.?
A: There is no fee for Point-of-Sale purchases made outside of the United States.